Sunday, August 19, 2007

We're all Beauzeauxs on this Bus.

Today I bought a wine called Beauzeaux in the grocery store. It was cheap ($9.95 a bottle) and the name was fun. The wine wasn't bad and I'll likely buy it again.

The name is pretty obviously a spelling game and the label makes that clear.


The name brought back memories of the Firesign Theater from my college years. I have the vinyl LP of I Think We're all Bozos on This Bus in my Go Mini. It seems to have survived but I can't tell for sure since I no longer have a turnable. I tried to save my Cd's and many were savable but a lot of them weren't.

I doubt many of my Rising Tide compatriots are familiar with Firesign Theater. I am sort of the crabby old man of the group, at least 10 years older than they are.

The wine was a sort of a flashback

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the album cover! Wonder if you can get a cd?

mominem said...

Yes you can get it. It has been reissued on CD.

Anonymous said...

I love Firesign. My favorite is the Giant Rat Of Sumatra

suspect device said...

(auctioneer) "...what do I hear?"
(guy) "That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can *I* know what *you* hear?"
(guy 2, in back) "Yeah, fuck you!"


I loves me some firesign. And I bet I'm older than you, too.

mominem said...

I always thought of that as a Nutria Myocastor coypus, which is much larger than Sundamys infraluteus, aka Giant Mountain Rat or Giant Rat of Sumatra.