Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Today we had my mother-in-law and brother-in-law over for a late barbecue. The filets wrapped in bacon were great. She selected the meat and did the grilling.

I was reduced to preparing the salad, steaming the broccoli, making the bernaise sauce and preparing desert.

I particularly liked the desert. We had poached pears, served with ice cream, whipped cream and shaved chocolate. It turned out very well. It's also fairly easy as deserts go.

I saw my own mother last week. We visited her in her new apartment. She had recently relocated from rural East Texas to Dallas.

I want to live in her apartment. For a substantial rent she gets two meals a day. Lunch and dinner are served with a menu, white table cloths, and service on a par with many restaurants. She also has a reserved space for her car and "free" transportation anywhere within five miles. There is a major mall with a Nordstrum's directly across the street. Love Field is less that 20 minutes away. I could do that.

My mother spent the weekend with my sister, my sister's adopted daughter and her children in their new house . Everyone seems to have had a great time.

I also took my first swim of the season.

No comments: