Today is the eighth anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
The Freedom Tower construction is continuing yesterday;
- Steel installation (two cranes on site)
- 24 jumbo steel columns are being installed to form the tower's base perimeter
- Both the south and north cores now above grade
- Final concrete installation on the sub-grade structure, including the surrounding plaza
- Utility installation and tie-ins
- Crews are coordinating substructure construction while maintaining PATH service