I've tried several things but never been entirely successful. This year I was. I made a no sugar added cranberry gelatin mold and it was a hit, even with my non-health conscious relatives.
Your Mominem's Satsuma/Cranberry Mold
- One bag of fresh cranberries
- One cup of Splenda
- One package of Knox gelatin
- Three Louisiana Satsumas
- One quarter cup of chopped walnuts
- Peal the Satsumas, separate the sections and clean. Set the cleaned sections aside.
- Heat cranberries in four cups of water until boiling.
- While the cranberries heat, blend the powdered gelatin into one cup of cold water in large mixing bowl.
- As soon as the cranberries come to a boil blend the mixture into the mixing bowl with the gelatin mixture.
- Mix the cranberries gelatin and Splenda gently until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Cool the mixing bowl in a larger bowl or kitchen sink filled with cold water.
- When the mixture reaches approximately room temperature gently fold in Satsuma sections and walnuts.
- Transfer to molds if desired and refrigerate until hardened (at least 3 hours).
- To serve, release gelatin by placing the mold in hot water.
If anyone tries it please let me know how you like it.