Saturday, June 30, 2007

Entergy Rising

At the beginning of June I finally got my trailer powered up through the largess of my neighbor. I promised to reimburse him for the cost of the electricity we used. I decided it was time to try to determine how much power we have actually used.I went back over last year and using our Entergy bills determined that the trailer used about 600 KWH of power a month during the summer, when the Air conditioner is on. That's an average of about 7 amps.

Like everyone else I heard stories of the tremendous escalation in Entergy bills some people have reported. I was a little concerned about that. I was surprised to find that the base rate really hasn't changed and the fuel adjustment was higher but for June and July it was virtually the same as last year.


I also determined that the rate is very nearly the same we pay to Georgia Power in Atlanta.

No comments: