Wednesday, June 20, 2007

We've been Looted.

One thing we discovered on Memorial Day really set us back.

During our absence our house was looted. All of the copper pipe was carefully cut out and removed. The thieves actually left all of the cast bronze fittings, and the remaining sub and shower fittings. We plan to reuse them.

Like others the thieves also broke into our trailer.
That was also very odd. To gain entry they carefully drilled out the rivets on one of the windows. The theft was odd. As far as we can tell, they only stole one thing. A small LCD TV and its remote control, which I'm sure they had to look for. Again oddly they didn't steal the stand which was in a cabinet, because the TV was hung from a wall mount. Again oddly they only took half of the wall mount. Nothing else appeared to have been disturbed. I guess I'm lucky.

We have fastidious thieves in our neighborhood.

We called the police and filed a police report. I might need it for FEMA or an insurance claim for the theft. I also informed the Smith Research Trailer Technician. True to the State of the City our Police Department is out of Incident Report forms but the officer wrote the number down for me on a scrap of green paper.

1 comment:

Leigh C. said...

Damn, mominem, I'm so sorry. Things are just sucky all 'round for the NOLA blogpocheh lately. Mercury must be in retrograde or somethin'...