Thursday, May 10, 2007

At times I feel like I'm in Neworleanistan

How is it nearly all political candidates black and white are related by marriage at least to other current or former elected officials.

The plain truth is the the majority of African Americans in New Orleans are relatively recent (in New Orleans terms ) immigrants from outside. There has been, as far as I can tell, no one elected from these immigrants unless you count Pat Swilling (a celebrity and football star). Now I have met Pat and he seems a completely honest and competent person. He is however only one person I can think of..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you on this one Darlin'.

The old crew doesn't work in our City, and it's time for new blood.

LatinTeacher said...

Just for a reference point, I have not been able to vote in a presidential election where there has not been a Clinton or Bush on the ticket. Think about that.