Monday, September 17, 2007

Now That's Appealing.



We got out letter for our City of New Orleans Property Tax Appeal, actually we got two letters with two different hearing dates. I guess when we sent in an overnight letter followed by a certified letter we confused them.

I was listening to Mr. Rogers Arnie Fielkow on the radio. It actually sounds like they have a workable method of hearing these appeals. In a very short time the City Council has advertised for and hired a firm to run the hearings. They have given people specific a time to present themselves at the dome, if they want to. You don't even really even have to have to show up. You can simply let the Hearing Officer review your files. I'm tempted not to tell them about our duplication and see what happens. I think our package is pretty good, but its probably dangerous to leave anyone working for the City alone too long.

Our appeal is not for a couple of weeks, so I guess we'll get a chance to see how it goes for others. I'm hoping for a rare display of governmental competence. That's the one thing which could rebuild citizen confidence in our local government.

No comments: