Monday, January 05, 2009

Orange You Glad I brought a Piña Colada?

It's Orange Bowl Time in Miami again so off we go to Hollywood Florida. We decided to start our vacation off right, with piña coladas for breakfast. They have several servings of fruit, so they're even healthy.

We packed up 6 - 3 oz. plastic bottles with piña colada mix.

6 Maraschino Cherries (with stems)


and fresh pineapple sticks.

Placed in one quart plastic bags to pass the TSA sooper snoopers.

You should have seen the face of the Flight Attendant when we asked for Rum on the rocks. She was surprised. She was even more surprised when we pulled out our stuff and start pouring it in the plastic cups.

Unfortunately ours didn't look this good, although the Southwest Swizzle sticks with the heart on them made them look pretty good (sorry I couldn't find a picture).

I love Southwest. Once the crew figured out what we were doing they all stopped by to chat. They slipped us some cool luggage tags and oh, didn't charge us for the drinks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all are adorable. This is hilarious. Bon voyage!

GENTILLY YARD ART said...

After Katrina I flew with them to Houston a couple of times to visit my wife.

She was in exile until our house was ready to move back into.

Once they realized I was from New Orleans they allways bought me a couple of drinks.

Nice folks.