Thursday, September 07, 2006

Now for Something Completely Different

The third former Illinois governor in the past three decades to be convicted of federal felonies was sentenced today.

George Ryan (#41 Republican 1999-2003) was convicted of corruption for steering state contracts and leases.
Dan Walker (#38 Democrat 1973-1977) was convicted of corruption involving bank loans.
Otto Kerner (#35 Democrat 1961-1968) was found guilty in a racing-stock scandal.

It's a little out of my area but, given all of the heat we have taken over the "corruption" hereabouts I thought this might be interesting to note.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our (Atlanta's) last mayor reported two weeks ago to federal prison in FL.

Anonymous said...

And these were the same Illinoians that talked about how corrupt New Orleans was that inspired my little FYYFF tirade.

Pot, kettle; kettle, pot.

mominem said...

I thought of emailing this to you ashley, but I decided I'd rather see you reaction.

I hope for a secondary explosion soon.